Want to unlock Illari in Overwatch 2 to add her to your Support hero roster? We’ve got you covered with our guide! If you wanted to unlock her in season 6, you had to grind the battle pass to level 45 or purchase the premium battle pass. Now that the season pass is gone, though, how do you unlock the hero with the power of the sun in the palm of her hand? Luckily, it’s pretty easy!
Overwatch 2 – How to Unlock Illari (Hero Challenges)
As with previous seasonal heroes like Lifeweaver, the solar supporter can now be unlocked by completing some basic Hero Challenges. Most of these are quick and simple to complete in the practice range, and will give you a good idea of how to effectively use the new hero. Here are all of the Hero Challenges for Illari:
- Wins for Illari: Complete 50 games queued as All Roles or playing Support heroes in Quick Play, Competitive Play, or No Limits. Wins grant double progress.
- Practice Healing Pylon: Attach Healing Pylon to a wall or ceiling and heal 150 damage with it in the Practice Range as Illari.
- Practice Solar Rifle Primary Fire: Deal 400 damage using Solar Rifle’s fully-charged primary fire in the Practice Range as Illari.
- Practice Captive Sun: Detonate a Sunstruck enemy after using Captive Sun in the Practice Range as Illari.
- Practice Outburst: Activate Outburst with and without the high jump in the Practice Range as Illari.
- Practice Solar Rifle Secondary Fire: Heal 200 damage using Solar Rifle’s secondary fire in the Practice Range as Illari.
Illari can also simply be purchased in the in-game shop, either individually (900 Overwatch Coins) or in a bundle with a legendary skin and other cosmetics (1900 Overwatch Coins). If you don’t want to bother spending your precious Overwatch Coins on the new hero, though, you’re better off just grinding the challenges. 50 games played may take a while, but the other challenges are luckily painless and easy.
That’s all the information you need to unlock Illari after season 6! Enjoy playing around with her unique kit, and use solar power to keep your team healed up. Is your roster still incomplete? Check out our guide on how to unlock season 2’s new hero, Ramattra!