Marvel’s Midnight Suns comes with a quite robust social simulator aspect, where you can gain better relationships with heroes from all over the Marvel universe. A great way to boost this relationship is by using gifts. However, not all heroes are made equal, so different gifts are better for different heroes. Here are the best gifts for each hero in Marvel’s Midnight Suns, how to get them, & how to use them.
Where to get Gifts in Marvel’s Midnight Suns
By far the easiest way to get gifts in Marvel’s Midnight Suns is via the gift shop. The gift shop will be unlocked in the Abbey after reaching Team Friendship Level 2. The next day, you’ll be able to find the table pictured above right outside The Forge. Here, once a day, you can buy a random gift. As long as you have the Gloss for it, it’s honestly best to just buy one every day to create a stockpile.
There are a couple of other ways to find gifts as well. You can find them on shelves or tables throughout the Abbey, although these ones are a bit tough to find. You can also use Agatha’s cauldron later in the game to craft certain gifts. However, depending on how much time you spend exploring the Abbey, scavenging the materials for them may not be worth it.
Every Hero’s Favorite/Best Gift: Marvel’s Midnight Suns
Just like hangout spots, every hero has gifts that will give that they will “love,” giving maximum friendship XP boosts. Based on your time interacting with the hero to boost their friendship XP, you can probably guess what gifts they’ll love. But just in case you’re a bit unsure, here are some of the best gifts for each hero in Marvel’s Midnight Suns:
- Blade: The Unauthorized Biography of Captain Marvel
- Bruce Banner/The Hulk: The Incredible Hulk #181
- Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel: Candle (Jet Fuel)
- Doctor Strange: Dealing with Difficult Coworkers
- Magik: Snack Box (World’s Grossest Candy)
- Nico Minoru: Dark Beauty: A Gothic Coloring Book
- Peter Parker/Spider-Man: Music Box (Face it Tiger)
- Scarlet Witch: Music Box (On the Slopes of Wundagore)
- Steve Rogers/Captain America: Snack Box (Premium MREs)
- Tony Stark/Iron Man: Tales of Suspense #39
- Wolverine: Snack Box (Root Beers of Canada)
Again, these gifts aren’t the only gift you should give a character; far from it! Use the knowledge of these characters that you learn along the journey to maximize your friendship returns from gifts.
How to Use Gifts in Marvel’s Midnight Suns
Using gifts in Midnight Suns is a relatively simple task. After a hangout with a hero, you’ll be prompted to choose a gift from your inventory. You can give any hero any gift, or you can choose to not give them one if you don’t have one that fits their personality.