Greavard is one of Pokemon Scarlet & Violet‘s new Pokemon, and learning how to evolve it can be a bit tricky. For some Pokemon, leveling them up until they evolve usually works out just fine. However, Greavard is one of the exceptions to this rule, and has bit more of a complex method to evolve him.
Pokemon Scarlet & Violet: What Level Does Greavard Evolve?
To evolve, Greavard has to be leveled up to level 30 at night time. This puts him in the same camp as other Dark- & Ghost- typed Pokemon. It’s not as difficult to evolve as some other Pokemon you may encounter during your journey across the Paldea region, but it can be confusing.
If you don’t want to wait until nighttime, you can always use a time travel method to evolve your companion instead. Though this type of cheating may have made you a target of a cheater stamp in Animal Crossing: New Horizons, we won’t give you one if you use it to evolve Greavard faster. Pinky promise.
If you do want to go the route of time travel, here’s how to alter the clock on your Nintendo Switch system:
- Make sure any games running are closed.
- Go to the settings on your Nintendo Switch.
- Navigate to the very bottom of the left side, where it should say “System.”
- In this submenu, find Date and Time and select it.
- At the top of the page, turn off Synchronize Clock via Internet.
- After you turn that off, you can now edit the date and time. Simply change the time to some time at night (i.e. 8:00 PM).
- Once you evolve Greavard, remember to change your clock back!
And that’s how you evolve Greavard in Pokemon Scarlet & Violet! Looking to explore the Paldea region in a fully co-op open world? Check out our guide on how Pokemon Scarlet & Violet co-op works!