Want to know how to type in game chat in CoD MW3? When playing multiplayer in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, it’s imperative that you communicate with your teammates. Sometimes, this might mean in non-traditional methods that don’t include a mic or audio. The best method is to utilize the game chat feature in MW3.
For those who played Modern Warfare 2, you’ll know that this feature was available in that title. You’ll be happy to hear that it essentially works the exact same, so you’ll just need to follow the below instructions to enable and access game chat.
How to Enable Text Chat in Modern Warfare 3
First, you must ensure this feature is active for you in MW3. This can be done in the settings menu, so follow these steps. Regardless of your platform of choice, the same steps and settings apply.
- Open Settings.
- Head to the Account & Network section.
- Move down on the menu to the Content Filters tag.
- Hovering over the Text Chat setting, move the switch to ‘ON’.
How to Type in MW3 Game Chat
Game chat is available on all platforms. It’s not a PC-exclusive feature, nor do you need a connected keyboard to type on a console. Follow the below steps to access the game chat menu for both console and PC.
PlayStation 4 / PlayStation 5 & Xbox One / Xbox Series X|S (MW3 Text Chat)
- Press down on the options button. This will take you to the sidebar menu.
- Here, tab over with R1 to Channels. The icon is a pair of headphones.
- Select Party / Game Channel.
- Tab over once in the Game Channel menu with R1. This will take you to the Text Chat box.
- Select the text box and enter your message.
PC (Steam or Battle.net)
- When in game, press enter on your keyboard. Make sure you are in Match chat. If not, use the Tab key to switch to Game or Match chat instead of Party chat.
- Type in your message and press enter once again.
By following these steps, you’ll be able to use text chat in MW3 with no problems at all! If you plan on diving into multiplayer, check out all maps in Call of Duty: MW3 on launch day.