One of the new ways of bringing power to the forefront in Fire Emblem Engage revolves around Emblem Rings, in which returning characters from old Fire Emblem games return and assist members of your squad. Here is a list of all the returning characters from previous Fire Emblem games that arrive through the Emblem Rings in Fire Emblem Engage.
Fire Emblem Engage: All Returning Characters
Each Fire Emblem game has an aspect of power characters can use, and Fire Emblem Engage has Emblem Rings. These items contain a ghostly echo of a previous hero from the Fire Emblem franchise, allowing the player to talk to them and use their strength against their enemies.
Here is a list of all the Emblem Ring characters and their origins in the franchise:
- Marth (Ring of the Hero-King): The kindhearted blue-haired leader from the first game in the franchise, Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light
- Celica (Ring of the Caring Princess): The refined but stoic red-haired protagonist from the second game in the franchise, Fire Emblem Gaiden and its recent remake Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia
- Sigurd (Ring of the Holy Knight): The first Lord in the series mounted on a horse, this blue-haired noble is the protagonist from the fourth game in the franchise, Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War
- Leif (Ring of the Sage Lord): The fresh-to-the-world but critical red-haired noble returns, the protagonist from the fifth game in the franchise, Fire Emblem: Thracia 776
- Roy (Ring of the Young Lion): A man who made his gaming debut on Super Smash Bros. Melee before his game’s release, the orange-haired but blue-clad swordfighter is the protagonist from the sixth game in the franchise, Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade
- Lyn (Ring of the Lady of the Plains): The independent, nomadic green-haired warrior is back in the franchise, after being the protagonist from the seventh game in the franchise, Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade (named simply Fire Emblem in the west until 2017)
- Eirika and Ephraim (Ring of the Azure Twins): The blue-haired twin protagonists from the eighth game in the franchise, Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones, and the only two characters together in the same ring
- Ike (Ring of the Radiant Hero): As both a protagonist from the ninth and tenth games in the franchise, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, Ike’s blue hair, headband strong sword-fighting skills returns.
- Micaiah (Ring of the Dawn Maiden): The silver-haired light mage, empathetic and devoted to caring for others, is the protagonist for a portion of Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn.
- Lucina (Ring of the Exalt Princess): The strong-willed, blue-haired time-travelling tritagonist from the thirteenth game in the franchise, Fire Emblem Awakening. Funnily enough, knowing she used Marth as an alias in the game due to her ancestry, she now shares a game with him in the main franchise.
- Corrin (Ring of the Crux of Fate): The silver-haired part-dragon protagonist from the fourteenth game in the franchise, Fire Emblem Fates. Only Corrin’s female form is in Fire Emblem Engage, despite that Corrin can be either gender in the original game.
- Byleth (Ring of the Instructor): The near-emotionless teacher and protagonist from the sixteenth game in the franchise, the recent Fire Emblem: Three Houses, and the antagonist from the spin-off Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes. Only Byleth’s male form is in Fire Emblem Engage, similar to Corrin’s female form.